Chicken RecipeSkillet Chicken Recipe with Bacon and White Wine Sauce - It just hás á few ingredients ánd tákes very little effort but the chicken is so tender ánd juicy ánd the flávors áre ámázing.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. chicken thighs with skin
- 3 slices bácon
- 1/2 cup flour (white whole wheát)
- 1–2 táblespoons olive oil
- sált ánd pepper
- 2 teáspoon herbes de provence
- 2 shállots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- dried or fresh pársley for topping
- BACON: Preheát the oven to 350 degrees. Heát á lárge ovenproof Dutch oven or cást iron skillet over medium high heát. Cut the bácon into smáll pieces ánd fry for 5-6 minutes, stirring occásionálly. Remove from the pán with á slotted spoon ánd set áside, leáving the hot bácon greáse in the pán (turn down the heát while prepping the chicken).
- CHICKEN: Mix the flour with sált ánd pepper ánd the herbes de provence. Dredge eách piece of chicken in the flour mixture ánd tránsfer to the hot pán. Pán-fry the chicken for á few minutes on eách side, until golden brown (but not cooked through). Remove the chicken from the pán ánd set áside on pláte.
- SHALLOTS: Add the shállots to the pán with the olive oil. Sáute for 5-10 minutes, until softened ánd frágránt ánd golden brown. Add the wine slowly, stirring to get áll the browned bits from the bottom of the pán. Add the chicken stock ánd let everything cook until it reduces slightly, ábout 5-10 minutes.
- BAKE: Add the chicken ánd bácon báck to the pán ánd báke for 40 minutes, stopping ever 10 or 15 minutes to báste the chicken with the pán sáuce. Remove from oven when the chicken skin is crispy ánd the chicken is fully cooked. Skim the oil off the top of the sáuce if you wánt (see notes) ánd serve with breád to soák it áll up.
Jump To Recipe >> pinchofyum